pediatric pda application in clinical practice
pediatricians find categorized reviews of handheld software and programs that are useful in bedside pediatrics
pediatric full text references ebook
- Epocrates Dx is very useful for a quick review of a particular disease or
condition. It is composed of 1200+ short monographs of clinical conditions,
these articles not only cover diseases but also symptoms and general articles
such as diarrhea, vaccines, hypokalemia ...etc.
- The application ships with it's sister application Epocrates Sx, they both serve
the same database of diseases and clinical features.
- One thing noted here, is that it is not specific for pediatricians
but many articles are purely pediatric like diaper dermatitis, SIDS, Prader Willi
- Although not very detailed but it is concise covering from etiology to
prognosis and everything in between.
- ICD codes are also included with each entry.
- Definitely a reference on the go!
|The home page (See left)|
starts with a list of these conditions,
alternatively tapping on "By System"
will allow looking up categorically by
body systems (not very useful!).
Every disease and
condition include sections
shown here in the pop up menu (See
right), of course with other
applications of Epocrates linked like
Sx, and Rx Pro
Even one can write notes with each
disease and condition if it is felt
|Last Reviewed on September 30, 2006|
More Pediatric PDA